Bit Of Tweaks Here and There
So I started looking at my dissertation today..... then I thought the dishes needed done, Have to get my finals ready for the interim show. So may as well add the blurb to the book covers. Had to then change some of my elements within the book covers around so the blurb would fit.... And about two hours spent arguing with myself on which fonts to use.... so yea..... em, didn't get much of anything to do with my dissertation done today. Whoops!
I have to admit though, I really under estimated how much time it would take to not only tweak one of the covers to look semi finished, as the others do. But to then get the elements to change about and try to make them identical to the other. Such a pain in the arse!
I did get it done though, in between cleaning my flat and any other distraction that I let take me away from my laptop. I got it done!
So this was the first font that I really liked. Also just to let you know, the colours are a little funny due to me being lazy about putting the images into RGB mode. I have uploaded too many so look through past blogs to get an idea of colour. I want you to look at the font anyways. So as I was saying. This was the first font I liked. I then tested a few others and finally landed on this one:
Now this is actually the font called "Chaparral Pro", this is it in bold. So I realized I had to move all the elements on the back page. I was determined not to move my guide lines though. The gun, smoke, bullet holes. ALL had to be moved to have room for the blurb. Took me a good few hours for each of the book cover, to try and get the placement exact on each one. So, eventually I got this working for me. I then decided to still have the font "Chaparral Pro" in regular.
So these are my finals ready for print and hopefully mounting on Monday.
Leave a Reply.
I am an artist from Northern Ireland, I specialize in Photography and Graphic Design. Please follow me on