So, I decided to actually take the day off from doing my dissertation, and look into my other projects a little. So I did a bit more research into my deck of card project. I mentioned I wanted to do a number of different deck designs. Such as zombies, cup cakes, alcohol, fairy tale characters , etc. So here are a few images I looked into for these topics as research today:
So as you can see, I began to look at a few zombie characters, then moved onto cupcakes. Then I thought about zombie cup cakes or even just monster cupcakes. I think it would be really horror -cute to create these little characters that are meant to be terrifying and yet, you put them in a situation where they're cute and yummy. I like the idea of that dynamic , This is something I will most certainly be continuing to look into.
I then had a meeting today with tutors and we were talking of grading charts and really stepping up our game within all of our works in every aspect. So, I will admit I honestly wasn't thinking of getting these playing cards printed out. Mainly because I didn't think it was possible. Then I looked it up.... it's more than just possible but it's affordable. So I am definitely thinking of getting my actual deck of cards printed. I did want to have a series of these. But this will push me harder with my designs to get these to the best of my ability and here's hoping people will be interested enough in buying them off me. This maybe something I could think about doing for the final end of year show.
I also really need to get my logo designed to get my new business cards printed. I have to admit I haven't really looked at my re-branding project for a week now. I am still thinking on what to do, but I again have to blame in on the dissertation. For the rest of tonight I plan to do just that and go back to my re-branding project and do a few more sketches.